Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller defectiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronzam2002

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can you give me an idea what are the possibilities makes the microcontroller and other IC's defective? :?:

overvoltage is one.
also, improper grounding may cause undesirable output.
and too many more reasons.

Is the microcontroller water resistance? When some pin of the microcontroller is broken will its still work? And when the microcontroller is attach in improper position to the circuit, will it broken?

ronzam2002 said:
Is the microcontroller water resistance? When some pin of the microcontroller is broken will its still work? And when the microcontroller is attach in improper position to the circuit, will it broken?

Yea, that's why it's broken, too much water resistance. :cry:

hey blueroomelectronics, you didn't answer my question. I need a detailed answer to my question.

Added after 2 minutes:

blueroomelectronics said:
ronzam2002 said:

Yea, that's why it's broken, too much water resistance. :cry:

ronzam2002 said:

as far as i know, the microcontroller CANNOT be penetrated by water (on the inside).

when a pin of the microcontroller is broken, the microcontroller in itself can still be used BUT if that pin is necessary (say, in the circuit connection), the microcontroller cannot guarantee 100% functionality.

yes, in most cases the microcontroller is "fried" if the micro is installed in the wrong connection. if you smell something burning, that says it all.

i hope that answers your query.

cheers!
elizabeth ann

If the microcontroller is broken in the circuit, will it cause the other IC's and other components of the circuit will break, too?

ronzam2002 said:
If the microcontroller is broken in the circuit, will it cause the other IC's and other components of the circuit will break, too?

It depends.
For example, if you have a microcontroller in your circuit to switch a H-bridge built by transistors, a broken uC may cause them all turned on and conducting - which means there will be a high current flow and may cause the transistors or voltage regulator to blow up.

Generic (too much in fact) questions like this probably do not deserve even Google.

They could lead to a ridiculously long thread with thousands of post coming not even close to reply.

Read a lot and ask more specific questions.

This a real waste of everything!

micro-controllers are water resistant. it can work even if the pins are broken except Vcc, Ground, EA. Things that can damage your controller are over voltage, making analog and digital ground, 5V regulator without filter capacitor, putting the IC reverse in the programmer other than intelligent programmers, short Vcc and ground, etc

if the uc is water resistive and we put it in water and on the circuit then is it possible that the whole circuit will short circuit and also all the pins of uc and can demage it

Status
Not open for further replies.