Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

debkar

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i bought a 89S52 microcontroller
The text on ic states "ATMEL AT89S52 24PU 1303h"
i am working for the first time with a micro controller

actually i wanted to build a isp programmer
i tried out several circuits available..im using a 11.0592Mhz oscillator and the capacitance is 30pf each
However the isp programmers were giving an error message like "Device signature did not match" and "No response form uC"

1.png

i even tried to make my own code using the the data sheets but there seemed to be no output from MISO pin...it was glowing dim

i was using this circuit
isp2_sch.gif

then i tried to run the programmers and fail again!Then i selected 89S8252 as the device and i found all the programmers detected the micro controller!!no errors nothing!!it is detecting flash as 12kB but for 89s52 it should hv been 8k..isnt it?
Could not understand wat was the problem..can anyone help please
2.png

However the isp programmers were giving an error message like "Device signature did not match" and "No response form uC"
I think,this has happened maybe because the Atmel 89S52 24PU 1303H,you are using is not included in the standard microcontroller library of the ISP programmer you are using.You can try either updating the library of the ISP programmer,or get a new ISP programmer which supports the microcontroller you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.