Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller chess circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukurigu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
chess microcontroller

Hello friends!
I'd like to realize a microcontroller chess circuit similar to that described in the samples of Proteus 5.2 but much cheaper and smarter. I appeal everyone to join me in this challenge and to build together the hardware and software of this chess partner:)

First of all we should define the hardware.
I propose to use again Proteus 5.2 for simulations but to change the hardware a little bit as follows:
- micro: 68HC11?? - cheap and widespread, many I/Os.
- external ROM and RAM, capacity ??
- buzzer: same as in the sample circuit.
- display: the graphic LCD is a very expensive part and I want to remove it. For the purpose my idea is to use a 8x8 LED matrix which to show only the pieces moves by blinking on the start point and afterwards on the end point. We could use a real board and pieces instead of the expensive LCD.
- keyboard: we could use only 5 buttons: up, down, left, right and OK.

When we are ready with the schematic will start to build the sofware.

If you have any ideas how to build the schematic, Proteus designs about that and so on , please post them!

chess for 68hc11

did you interested to display on TV?
EE476 Lab

or some interesting **broken link removed**

Great links, but I prefer the chess project to be stand-alone! :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.