Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller based project

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagender

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i am doing microcontroller based digital code lock.
the main aim of this project is to verify the code entered by the person and the code present in the memory,if the code is same then the door has to open so that the man can go inside the room.which microcontroller is helpful for me

whhat kind of help u wnt guy tell me i am there to help u??

Added after 5 minutes:

just try to study abt the microcontroller and try to draw a pin diagram based on requirement this is hardware part u have to decide on software part also

This is very simple. First you need to decide about the keypad what kind of keypad are you using. If you are planning to use the 16x16 keypad, then use the 74HC922 IC for your kepad. For this you don't have to do the scanning of keys pressed and don't have to make the algorithm for detecting which key you had pressed.
It will give you the output and an interrupt to let you know it's occurence. Additionally, you might need a relay of some sort, depending upon the kind of electromechanical lock you have. There are tutorials available on the web, go and search the net.Other thing you need to mention is to tell us what kind of controller you requires.Give some specifications.

89C51 based controllers are easy to use and good option for many designs. try it

Since it appears that you are new to micro controllers, Pick a Basic Stamp. It will do exactly want you want, programs easily, has lots of on line support, and is cost effective.

There are numerous examples to look at for a digital door lock on line in the stamp forums.

Hope this helps,

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.