Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller and A9G GSM/GPS module

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakraf

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i have a school project that is a gps tracker, so that i'm asking if you can help me to find a solution to connect my A9G module with the microcontroller, i need a diagram for that.
this is the module
gprs-gsm-gps-a9g-pudding-sms-voice-wireless-data-transmission-positioning-module-er-amc00511m.jpg
I have just the module not the development board.
If someone have the development board diagram this will be good for me.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,

An electronic device is not defined by a picture. There is a datasheet for every device.
There you find informations about pins, functions, wiring, interfaces, protocol and so on.
You need to read the complete datasheet thoroughly.
With this you need to decide how (with what interfaces and what signals) you need to connect the modem with your microcontroller.
Yes, the microcontroller is another part (we don't know) with datasheet that you need to read.

Usually the datasheets contain all informations you need to know to design your circuit.
But at the internet pages of the semiconductor manufacturers you will find additional informations, maybe even a wiring example.

There is no way around reading datasheets and application notes, every designer need to to this (boring) job, even the professionals.
Then start with the svhematic, either from the scratch or you modify an existing schematic.
If you are not sure, then show us your schematic, we will verify and comment it.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.