Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] Microcontroler with 2UART

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohanakannan.bts

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,
Could anyone suggest me whichever micro controller development is having 2 UART'S with low cost..I'm in need that for interfacing controller with GSM module...Actually my task is send the phone number and message from PC to controller and from controller to GSM that's why i want two UARTS..I have gone for PIC18f23k22 IC,but for that i don't find suitable micro controller development board..Could any please suggest me.

Go to https://www.microchip.com/maps :- Select the "MAPS ONLINE" option
Then Micro-controllers
OR skip above two steps and directly go to https://www.microchip.com/maps/microcontroller.aspx
Then scroll down to UARTS and select the minimum of 2
Then you can narrow down using the other options such as processor family etc.
Uncheck 16 and 32 bit options will give you all the 8 bit devices with 2 UARTS
You can then narrow it down by any other requirements that you may have.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Go to https://www.microchip.com/maps :- Select the "MAPS ONLINE" option
Then Micro-controllers
OR skip above two steps and directly go to https://www.microchip.com/maps/microcontroller.aspx
Then scroll down to UARTS and select the minimum of 2
Then you can narrow down using the other options such as processor family etc.
Uncheck 16 and 32 bit options will give you all the 8 bit devices with 2 UARTS
You can then narrow it down by any other requirements that you may have.

Hi thank you very much,but i'm in need of development board for those iC's...How to find it out.Thanks in advance

I don't have much ideas about prices of development boards. I worked with PIC-Microchip boards only ..
Check this one :-http://robokits.co.in/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=18 ..

V

As I know Atmega128 or 64 comes with two UART......

Refer this -

**broken link removed**

but you need to buy the programmer too which is close to 750 INR.....

Good Luck

V

Hi friends,
Could anyone suggest me whichever micro controller development is having 2 UART'S with low cost..I'm in need that for interfacing controller with GSM module...Actually my task is send the phone number and message from PC to controller and from controller to GSM that's why i want two UARTS..I have gone for PIC18f23k22 IC,but for that i don't find suitable micro controller development board..Could any please suggest me.

Almost any sirious development board should ensure access to all uC port pins, over pinheaders or on some similar way.

Best regards,
Peter

Hi

Take a look at LPC800 series. Dont think you can find anything cheaper and there is also a development board.

Regards

Last edited:

V

Thank you guys,
Is there any other microController having 2 uarts....I can't able to find it...Even if i find any controller,i don't get a suitable development board..I've gone through ATmega 64 development board and controller..Is it available in dip package...or suggest some other development board.

You receive data from PC using uC and then uC sends data to GSM. Both UART will not work at the same time. So, you can use one UART for both using CD4066 and 74HC14 (Hex Inverter). uC will be waiting for dta from PC. Once data is received it resends the data to GSM by switching the UART lines to GSM and after finishing its work it switches back UART lines to PC.

You receive data from PC using uC and then uC sends data to GSM. Both UART will not work at the same time. So, you can use one UART for both using CD4066 and 74HC14 (Hex Inverter). uC will be waiting for dta from PC. Once data is received it resends the data to GSM by switching the UART lines to GSM and after finishing its work it switches back UART lines to PC.
hi jayanth.devarayanadurga,
very much pleased with your answer...Actually i don't know the usage of CD4066 and 74HC14.....Could u please elaborate in a precise way...I'm not going to use both uart at the same time...I ll get data from pc to uc through one UART and i ll check some conditions after that alone i ll send the data to gsm through another uart......You are telling that using one UART,you can send data from pc to uc to gsm by using CD4066 and 74HC14..Doing this,using one uart is very much appreciable..please explain,how to proceed.where to connect those two CD4066 and 74HC14..

You can try soft UART.

It can be done easily by using timer.

If you want more details search in google with soft UART

See if this circuit works. Ask experts opinion.

97600d1382454998-cd4066.png

Attachments

• CD4066.png
    CD4066.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 110

Status
Not open for further replies.