Trophy points
Activity points
microchip comparison

Hi,

I was wondering which microchip is better:
1.microchip's pic
2.amtel's avr

And, are they from the same country?

I suppose their differences lie in cost and development opportunity i.e. free software, boards, samples etc.

Also, are there any better/popular/cheaper microchips out there that have just come out or I am unaware of?

Thanks. 8)

comparison microchip amtel

This has already been discussed for example here:

best regards

Re: Microchip comparison

however PIC is good because of its development enviroment is free

Microchip comparison

If you're talking about the quality of their chips, I have no idea. Since I never work with AVR.

But I you want to know which line are easy to learn, then my vote will go to PIC.

When I was going to start my micro-controller journal, yes I came accross the same question as you're now. Here is what I found.

1) Free sample can be obtained from Microchip by using thier online service, but I never get one from atmel. I tried thier online form and calling their local sales representative. All application look like droping a stone into sea.

2) Microchip application notes are, in my humble opinion, far better than Atmel one.

3) Online forums, Microchip one forum.microchip.com, and PIClist www.piclist.com are awesome. Even though I know one of Atmel.

Microchip comparison

Go for the pic's,easy to learn and very user friendly.I recently started,3 month's ago,and I have learned a lot. Start with flowcode from Miltimediamatrix if possible.

Re: Microchip comparison

Hi

Topic closed continue at link given by C-Man

Cl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…