Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microC problem with UART

Status
Not open for further replies.

geniusse01

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
soft_uart_read

hi
i have problem with UART,i wanna use PIC16F84A in serial communication,the problem is when i write the program to send data ( i make initiazation &use this command ( soft_uart_write(i) )) the program works and i can see that on LED i connect to transmit pin,the problem occur when i wanna use the read command
( i= Soft_Uart_Read(*rec) or i= Soft_Uart_Read(rec) )it give me error

( _InvertMaskWr:not found
Bank not found _InvertMaskWr )

i wanna use the PIC16F84A just to read.. the unlogical thing is if i use any write command in the program even if its wont excute ( like i use infinite loop& use write command after it in aim not to be implemented in the program ) if i do that the error message will not show..so i wanna use 1st pic to read ,2nd to write :how i can do that..the program in MicroC that i wrote :

unsigned short i ;
unsigned short *rec;

void main()
{
Soft_Uart_Init(PORTB, 1, 0, 2400, 0);
trisa=0,
trisb.f0=0;
trisb.f1=1;
while (1)
{
do
i= Soft_Uart_Read(*rec);
while (!*rec);
if (i=0xff)
{
porta=i;
}
}
Soft_Uart_write(i);
}

THANX ALOT EVERYBODY

uart of a pic16f84

thanx alot

it seem no way to use it just as reciver online..we need to use the write instruction at the end..

THANX FOR HELP FRIEND>>

GOOD LUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.