Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MicroC/OS-II The Real-Time Kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.

rish_jain

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rtos mailbox

Can anyone suggest me a text/website where I can find good material about the design and working of Mailboxes in RTOS...all the sources I have checked till now provide only a brief overview of mailboxes but do not talk about the actual (C) implementation etc.

mailbox in rtos

Try book Jean J. Labrosse: MicroC/OS-II The Real-Time Kernel.

freertos mailbox

cfant said:
Try book Jean J. Labrosse: MicroC/OS-II The Real-Time Kernel.

thanks...but I was looking for a more general discussion on the implementation of mailboxes and other message passing techniques

rtos mailboxes

You can download the code for FreeRTOS at https://www.freertos.org

Look at the queue.c and queue.h for mailbox implementations.

Also there is an example that uses the mailboxes...

/Alsig

mailbox rtos

Have you look for Kernel books on topic EBOOK Download/Upload? In this topics has some books, I'm not sure about content, but maybe you can find MAILBOX in one....

leomecma

mailbox + rtos

i think you should read in the documentation of the type of RTOS, what you want to use. Because there are many differences between different RTOS systems. Everywhere u should use xxxpost() and xxxpend() functions, but with different parameterlist, and different modes of creation of mailboxes, different blocking options...

mailbox related functions in a rtos

thanks for the replies.....I didn't want to read the documentation for a specific RTOS as I wanted to re-write my own RTOS to include mailbox support...however I think I will take your advices and read through the specific implementations first and then try to write my own :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back