Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microblaze Application in Software Defined Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixiesunky

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microblaze application

Does anyone help explain me is that possible to use FPGA in Software Defined Radio (SDR) system, especially with the help of Microblaze?

If possible, can anyone give me some ideas or information about this??

I intend to study the Software Defined Radio and I also have interest in MicroBlaze and I tried to get them working together, but there is little examples about. So I want to ask for help

Many Thanks

Certainly, in fact there is a project called gnuradio (IIRC) that does just that, use fpga to do software radio. I am pretty sure they don't use the microblaze for processing, because it might be a bit limited in terms of processing power. But I don't see why you can't use the microblaze to help things along.

Thanks guy
As far as I've known, the GNU Radio needs the help of The Universal Software Radio Peripheral to implement its many functions. But for me, I just have the Xilinx FPGA Virtex 2 Pro, is that possible to use this board to do some research about the Software Defined Radio??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back