Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micrium's new RTOS uC/OS-III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumbowat

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am new to embedded systems and to RTOS, i want to use Micrium's uC/OS-III. I am able to use its multitasking features but I don't know how to use other features like semaphores and mutexes, can somebody help me with the OS-III.

Best Regards,
jumbowat

Welcome to EDAboard,

I would suggest you to first look on to uC/OS-ii and then jump over to the third edition, all the library files are in the official website please check them out for the programming part.

There is a significant difference in the two i.e. OS-II and OS-III, and the OS-III is one with better features and its just an extended version of the prior. Because of the differences in creation of a task and other few things, I do not want to learn OS-II. Its like learning something that I will never use.

Thanks for the advice though.

Regards,
jumbowat

Semaphores and mutexes will be explained in most Computer Science books, they are methods of synchronisation that are not specific to uC/OS-II or -III.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back