Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Meshtype and accuracy of AWR Microwave office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

apeeet

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1. What is type of mesh in AWR MWO?
2. how to set the accuracy, for analize antennas?

Last edited:

MWO has 2 EM simulators: EMSight and AXIEM. The AXIEM is more powerfull and has very advanced meshing algorithms like edge meshing, using triangles instead of squares and so on. It mostly calculates the best settings for you. You should analyze your antenna with the basis settings first and nex try a denser meshing to see if the results are convergent

Reactions: apeeet

apeeet

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks,
but I don't know how to explore AXIEM,
How to run it and if I have to redraw sructure that I use now in EMSight?

Hello Apeet,

It is much simpler to use AXIEM compared to EMSight for Antennas...
If you already have the EMSight setup then simply Select the Simulator as AXIEM (Right Click & select Select Simulator Option)
Or Copy & Paste the EMSight structre& select AXIEM...

Then change some of the Settings for AXIEM to simulate such as uncheck AFS to get Radiation Patterns & CVurrent Annimations...

If you have problems then upload ur MWO file (*.emp) here...Will help you...

---manju---

apeeet

The AXIEM is more powerfull and has very advanced meshing algorithms like edge meshing, using triangles instead of squares and so on.

AXIEM actually uses both triangle and rectangle in meshing. It seems that it tries to use rectangle as much as possible, which is good for accuary and efficiency.

In AXIEM I uncheck AFS but everytime I try to create radiation pattern graph, I get error:
11:18:35 Measurement - Antenna:pPC_ETheta(90,1)[*] : Could not create simulator

and yet:
11:12:41 A minimum of 5 frequency points must be requested in order to use AFS. Only 1 points were requested, AFS will not be used.
But AFS unchecked as seen in screenshot, right?

Is this becose of version of MWO (2009), that I can't create radiation pattern in AXIEM solver mode?
Thanks for help.

Maybe the simulator needs a close frequency simulation point for some derrivite calculation and this might conflict with ABS.

1)Try to add some freq points close to your desired freq point with ABS off
2) If that doesnt work, turn ABS on

Hope this might solve the issue

Hello Apeet,

Yes it is because of the Rlease / Vesrion of the Axiem you are using...in order to plot radiation & antenna analysis using AXIEM you need AWRDE 2010 version 9.05....Then it works fine...

---manju---

apeeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back