Not open for further replies.

RedHerring

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm using Mentor Graphics Design Capture (ver EE2007.5) to do some schematic design. I have a pcb that needs to be implemented in two configurations: PCB A. uses IC A. and PCB B. uses IC B. The net's will end up looking exactly the same but the BOM and schematics will be different.

I want to do just 1 schematic but have a set of rules for PCB A. and PCB B. Is there a way to do this?

No Luck yet. DxDesigner seems promising. Creating multiple PCB designs is not really the way I want to go but it'll be an inelegant solution.

Here's what we did at my old company. You make a DASH Series for the Assembly/BOM and DASH Series for the Schematic. The <part number>-1 is the master assembly and schematic driver of the bare PCB. The <part number>-2 is not database related to anything and should be noted in a README.TXT file withing he directory. Your Assembly drawing will have two columns for the references, a "-1" and a "-2". Your Assembly Notes should also info the reader that Assy-1 and Schematic -1 are releated as well as the "-2's".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…