Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mentor Graphics "Variance Manager"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHerring

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm using Mentor Graphics Design Capture (ver EE2007.5) to do some schematic design. I have a pcb that needs to be implemented in two configurations: PCB A. uses IC A. and PCB B. uses IC B. The net's will end up looking exactly the same but the BOM and schematics will be different.

I want to do just 1 schematic but have a set of rules for PCB A. and PCB B. Is there a way to do this?

No Luck yet. DxDesigner seems promising. Creating multiple PCB designs is not really the way I want to go but it'll be an inelegant solution.

Here's what we did at my old company. You make a DASH Series for the Assembly/BOM and DASH Series for the Schematic. The <part number>-1 is the master assembly and schematic driver of the bare PCB. The <part number>-2 is not database related to anything and should be noted in a README.TXT file withing he directory. Your Assembly drawing will have two columns for the references, a "-1" and a "-2". Your Assembly Notes should also info the reader that Assy-1 and Schematic -1 are releated as well as the "-2's".

Hi all,

I'm using Mentor Graphics Design Capture (ver EE2007.5) to do some schematic design. I have a pcb that needs to be implemented in two configurations: PCB A. uses IC A. and PCB B. uses IC B. The net's will end up looking exactly the same but the BOM and schematics will be different.

I want to do just 1 schematic but have a set of rules for PCB A. and PCB B. Is there a way to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back