Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mentor Graphics DXDESIGNER HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauriziomontesi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mentor graphics dxdesigner

Hello!
I'm quite new in DXDESIGNER (for expedition). I have the following problems:
1) I have a central library with my own symbol and parts. For specialized pin (like gnd and pwr) i have to load the builtin library (lying in the istallation directory of 2005EXP).
In the builtin I have only one pwr and gnd symbol: if i need two different gnd on my schematic (like AGND and DGND) what I have to do?
gnd symbol has the following attribute:
GND
NETNAME = GND
PINORDER = GND

The same is for PWR pin

2) Is it possible to create own specilized pin and add to central library (wich I menage with Library Manager)? Please could you indicate to me all I need to do this? (required attribute, etc)

3) for other components what's the meaning of the following attributes:
HETERO
LEVEL

Thanks in advance Maurizio

mentor graphics library manager

You will need to create a pin with a property "GlobalSignalName" (This property is amongst the pre-defined). My suggestion is to create a generic pins and then add the voltage or netname as the value for this property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back