Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mechanical vibration measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munib

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have to submitt a report on mechanical vibration measurement. Actually i have to take a full device explain its working principle ,functions etc.

where can i find infoabout this topic

i am no expert on mechanical stuff... so i give only small thought.

vibration is usually detected on mechanical components of some machine which is made of metal. thus, the measurement sensor is a magnetic pick-up sensor. in a way, it detects the proximity of metal and outputs a proportional signal.

you usually see these things on all forms of rotating equipment. the shaft is allowed some small value of vibration with the sensor causing a system shut down when vibration passes some setpoint

the method of tuning one of sensors is on a device called a "wobulator". it looks like a record player (if you're old enough to know what an LP is...). the record player accepts a user input to ammount of .. wobble .. and the magnetic pick-up sensor is thus calibrated.

Mr.Cool

Search Google for "seismometer construction".

Munib

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
A simple piezo-sounder will serve as a very good vibration sensor. Filter the output and add an op-amp to achieve a suitable level for the task at hand.

Ante :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.