Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measurment setup need for Measuring Efficiency of Full Bridge rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoganathanS

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Group members,

I am doing measurment in Lab for measuring the Efficiency of the standalone full bridge rectifier. I use RF amplifier for the input power for the rectifier and DC multimeter to measure the DC power at the outputs. My setup is working fine but with small problem, the input side of the rectifier consumes more power than expected and the probe from osscillscope is also creating grounding issue.

So, I am kindly asking if anyone can suggest me testbench in lab to measure the Rectifier efficiency.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance!

I have a attached my measurement setup.

Attachments

• Photo.jpg
    Photo.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 160

Either use balanced RF source (single ended generator through balun) or floating respectively differential voltage measurement.

Bridge rectifier efficiency is defined as the ratio of the DC output power to the AC input power.
Ideally would be to use a transformer for the AC signal going to the bridge.
Connect the ground of the RF amplifier to one port of the primary (the other port is for the signal), and the secondary of the transformer goes to the AC junctions of the bridge.
A hint to know where you are when measuring the efficiency is that: the maximum (theoretical) efficiency of a bridge rectifier is 81.2%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back