Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

measuring typing force

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromekang

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to measure the force i exert on typing (at a rate) on a keyboard but i dont know any suitable force meters, any ideas on how to go about this problem?

Perhaps you can replace the switch carrying PCB under the buttons with a panel of small pneumatic bulbs connected to differential pressure sensors, then feed the resulting signals to both your study instrumentation and the normal keyboard connection on the computer.

The simplest way to build such a panel would be to simply loop a short section of small silicon tubing onto the surface of the panel between two holes, similar to the way you would mount a wire jumper on a through hole PCB.

Using my backyard techniques I think I'd be looking at a scrap musical keyboard, even the cheap ones these days have touch sensitive keyboards, one of these modded might just do the trick, I've never messed with one but I'd spose that the resistance of the element would be dependant on how hard you shove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back