Not open for further replies.

RISCIT

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

I have a project in electronic which is to measure the current passing through the winding of a bipolar stepper motor, design an analog circuit and then convert the output value to this circuit with the help of a microcontroller which will have theses input configured in ADC Conversion,

I just want to know if you have an idea og how i can measure the current around the winding of a stepper motor, maybe use a shunt but it is not the same configuration of a DC Motor so i hop you will give some information about how we can do that, or better a schematic or a link where i can extract interesting information.

Thnk you!!

In a bipolar stepper driver, you can measure the current with low-side shunts. You may have noticed that stepper drivers are often operated in constant current mode. In this case, measuring shunts and a current control loop will be already present in the driver circuit.

Thanks for you answer,

But how can i interface my circuit to the stepper driver motor?, i just to have to shoot one cable from one phase of the bipolar, how can i take a measure of the current from the stepper and the put it in the input of a current voltage or voltage current converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…