Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MDK-ARM LAN + STM32+ SPI MAC ethernet example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coper

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like the STM32F3 to be able to send data via Ethernet, such as measured temperatures, or to set them up via the web interface.
I don't want to bind to the LAN version, among other things because the RMII also has a very high pin consumption .
I see the solution in MAC IC with SPI interface.
MDK-Middleware include support for LAN, unfortunately I have not found anywhere examples of how to use it, ideally with specific MAC, SPI ICs for example with ENC424J600.
I admit, I don't know how to handle it, without an example from which I could come out, I don't want to do it
Can you advise?

Ther are many SPI ethernet modules.
Just do a search. Just choose one or two

There are many C examples. I'm sure there are some for ARM.

I don't expect it to be very difficult.
For a rather simple start you could just start with an UDP communication.

Klaus

The gentlemen above are right in their own way, on the other hand, I do not fully share their optimism.
I may be weird, but as an example, I imagine something where, with a financial investment of, say, $ 10 and a time investment of 1 hour, I can try and touch something, preferably with the fact that I will be able to build on the experience I have gained in the future.

Let's say we want to test Ethernet communication on any STM32 so that we can remotely turn on the LED on the MCU and read the status of a button. OK first of all I look on Aliexprest for any cheap board with STM32 board and cheap ehternet module for it. Moduel with SPI MAC I find only with ENC28J60 or W5500.
Microchip is probably the largest manufacturer of MAC and PHY ICs for Ethernet and is a member of CMSIS foundation
ST is too a member of CMSIS foundation.
Keil (MDK-ARM) is even part of ARM today and CMSIS administrator .

CMSIS is said to be a success story
The main purpose of CMSIS is to provide a standard interface, reusable drivers and, in general, code so that programs can be compiled and the author does not have to study the document and every roughness in detail.
I would like to learn to work with CMSIS interfaces and maybe also use keil network middleware.
Let's see how it is with the CMSIS-driver and especially for ethernet .
After 7 years of development, they contain one driver for MAC ETH_KSZ8851SNL and 8 for PHY .
The game over, back on the ground.

Do I see it wrong?

Here is a series lesson in which the author also describes STM32F103 and cooperation with ENC28J60. Unfortunately, it is only in Russian and it is not completely clear. Here are all the lessons

Status
Not open for further replies.