Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MDC (matching DC-DC convertor) for PV system

Status
Not open for further replies.

selb_k

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
well i came across a book that explains abt MDC(matching DC-DC convertor) for PV system and it explains the control has two parts, one that controls the output voltage when the battery is charging and once the end of voltage charge is reached the other controller controls the input voltage ... but now my doubt is which particular dc-dc convertor is really suitable for such an operation?
:?:

Re: dc - dc convertor

Hi,

There are so many converters like
1. Buck
2. Buck Bost
3. Sepic
4. Cock
This all are non isolated

1. Flyback
2. Forward
This are Isolates Converter

Regards
Chanchal

well thanks for the reply.... i am aware that there are different types of dc-dc converters .... more than what u actually stated, but i think my question was not clear..... well if u were to control the input and output voltage of a dc-dc converter by the one parameter such as the by designing an optimum duty cycle( simple case scenario) what do u consider....or is it even possible???
but thanks again for u'r reply.... i got to corrrect or clarify my question
BR
:D

I would say that a "optimum duty cycle" does not exist. That is why many DC-DC converters implement a control system to adjust the duty cycle depending on the load. As the load resistance decreases the voltage will start to lower so the controller would increase the duty cycle.

In low power applications a control system may not be needed especially if the current does not vary too much -- it is just a matter of adjusting the frequency to allow for minimum quiescent current.

ok.... but when u talk about frequency do u mean the frequency of the switching?? just checking cause other wise then it would come out to sound something AC.... just making sure
but beside that i think the explanation is enough for what i need me
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back