Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] MD5 Decrypting for TCP/IP Stack

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanndegeth

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I'm using TCP/IP Stack, PIC18F97J60 with C18 compiler. I'm only sending string to server and receive its answer as a string again. When I send a string to server, I encrypt it with MD5 as follows:

ex:
BYTE vData[4]={'1','2','3','4'};
HASH_SUM theSum;
BYTE MD5result[16];
MD5Initialize(&theSum);
MD5AddData(&theSum, &vData,4);
MD5Calculate(&theSum,&MD5result);

Sending is OK. But how can I decrypt the MD5 encrypted data received from server? The TCP/IP Stack has any function about MD5 decrypting data? Thank you all.

MD5 is basically a "one way" hash function and not intended to be reversed. It's cryptographic strength (which isn't actually mind-blowing) is based on the impossibility to reverse it. It's always used by comparing a received with an expected MD5 string.

MD5 it is used to check data integrity - you calculate the MD5 value and transmit it with the data. Recalculate it at the receiver and compare it with the received MD5.
Have a look the the Microchip TCP/IP stack help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back