Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MCU and HomeAutomation hardware designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jean-fernandes

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MCU and HomeAutomation

Sirs

I am developing some hardware designs to home automation using xx51 derivatives.

Some ideas

- Use the phone line to control devices remotely (like CCTV matrix, sequentials)
- Turn on/off loads
- Monitoring Alarms Events (PIR, etc...)

To open head on this area, please lets view the new IC from motorola
MM44BC373C/D. Its a VHF/UHV video modulator with channel selection via I2C (easiest control). Adding a Maxxim matrix switcher, OSD and Phone Interface u have an entire CCTV monitoring system. No wires on console, just phone.

Regards

patented idea

This is a patented idea to use the phone line for a LAN in the home. It is acceptable to make one for your own use, but you cannot sell them without permission (for a fee) from the patnent owner.

What kept this idea from being such a good product is the ADSL which uses the same frequency range and lines.

Why not use the AC MAINS

You can use the x-10 home automation protocol.

for more infor
**broken link removed**

Dear Flatulent

For example, if I'm contacting a home by modem phone line internet connection . Is this protect patent?

Hi flatulent:

Why not use power lines to transmit data? I think these are suitable to do so, I was experimenting using the ST7535 power line half duplex modem which is
a very good one chip solution to do such task (max 2400 baud)
Also it works with a 11.059 Xtal, so you can easily attach a 8051 or megaAVR-16XX to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back