jean-fernandes

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MCU and HomeAutomation

Sirs

I am developing some hardware designs to home automation using xx51 derivatives.

Some ideas

- Use the phone line to control devices remotely (like CCTV matrix, sequentials)
- Turn on/off loads
- Monitoring Alarms Events (PIR, etc...)

To open head on this area, please lets view the new IC from motorola
MM44BC373C/D. Its a VHF/UHV video modulator with channel selection via I2C (easiest control). Adding a Maxxim matrix switcher, OSD and Phone Interface u have an entire CCTV monitoring system. No wires on console, just phone.

Regards

patented idea

This is a patented idea to use the phone line for a LAN in the home. It is acceptable to make one for your own use, but you cannot sell them without permission (for a fee) from the patnent owner.

What kept this idea from being such a good product is the ADSL which uses the same frequency range and lines.

Why not use the AC MAINS

You can use the x-10 home automation protocol.

for more infor
**broken link removed**

Dear Flatulent

For example, if I'm contacting a home by modem phone line internet connection . Is this protect patent?

Hi flatulent:

Why not use power lines to transmit data? I think these are suitable to do so, I was experimenting using the ST7535 power line half duplex modem which is
a very good one chip solution to do such task (max 2400 baud)
Also it works with a 11.059 Xtal, so you can easily attach a 8051 or megaAVR-16XX to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…