Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MCP6N11 reference voltage problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrubbyHalo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using the MCP6N11-010 in a current sensing circuit (Battery charger). i would like the output of the INA to show the difference in inputs starting from 0v going up to VDD but cant seem to get the configuration correct. I initially just tied VREF to ground but got no incremental changes. I then decided to put VREF at VDD/2. SO the output to from the amp is at VDD/2 when the input are the same and then at (VDD/2)+ input difference * gain. This seems to work but is not what i want. Does anyone have an idea on how to achieve getting the reference to 0v ? Should i perhaps be trying the MCP6N11-100 version of the amp ?

The first pic "File1.jpg" is the circuit that ties vref to 0v. that doesn't work.

Regards G.

Attachments

• File1.jpg
    File1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back