Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Max voltage of a dc motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nm2007k

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I m having an ordinary dc motor without gear(i got it from a toy car). I gave a 9v supply to the motor it works fine. Can i give a 12 v supply to it for more speed?
How to calculate the maximum voltage the motor can withstand and work fine?

I believe for most of toys DC motors are too small to measure correct parameters, in order to determine optimal voltage /maximum performance. Without having access to the datasheets, we may assume small DC motors can be powered in the range of 3V-6V, so even now, applying the 9V it’s pretty much to withstand for a long term.

I believe for most of toys DC motors are too small to measure correct parameters, in order to determine optimal voltage /maximum performance. Without having access to the datasheets, we may assume small DC motors can be powered in the range of 3V-6V, so even now, applying the 9V it’s pretty much to withstand for a long term.

The motoor is selected to toy specs.
findout the motor label model anyway do not use more than 110-120% of toy batt voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back