Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab to VHDL for IIR BP filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucbra

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab vhdl iir

Any idea why it is so difficult to get stable filter with fdatool from matlab?

I'm designing IIR BP filter for implementation in LatticeECP in audio domain, but I can't get decent signal out of the implemented filter. (very noisy signal)
If I'm simulating the design in Matlab everything seems to be fine.

Are there some general guidelines that I should take care about?

Any help is appreciated

Re: matlab to VHDL for IIR

up to my knowledge .. u still can't get a good design if it's automatically generated ..
good designs need to be designed by a designer .. not only entering coefficients to a system level tool (like matlab) and press a button to get a corresponding VHDL .. and though this may work sometime .. it's not recommended for industry .. as the performance will not be desirable most of the time ..

Re: matlab to VHDL for IIR

Quantization of coefficient In Implementation of Filter in VHDL Code (which is fix point 8 bit - 16 bit) cause Error
you most Check Quantization effect in Filter Design Toolbox on filter performance

Status
Not open for further replies.