Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab. S Parameters. Coupling Matrix Synthesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgj

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm intending to develop Matlab code for

1) Obtain the S parameters for a Chebyshev filter response once the order, BW and prescribed transmission zeros are specified.
2) Obtain the coupling matrix (folded-canonical form) which corresponds to the previous computed S-parameters, based on Cameron papers.
3) Obtain the coupling matrix following Amari's papers (by direct optimization), so that not only folded form is computed, but it also would be possible to specify desired resonators/couplings in order to be able to implement different topologies such as non-resonating nodes, customized cross-couplings between resonaotrs.

I've almost finished 1), but I'm finding some difficulties computing polynomial E(s). I have F(s) and P(s), but I think I'm making some mistake with E(s) since I can not manage to obtain S11, S21.

Once I finish 1), I'm quite interested both in 2) and 3) in order to be able to, later on, transform desired topologies on full-wave ones.

Could anybody who had developed Matlab code for any of 1), 2) or 3) post it or send it to me? It would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Hi all,

Although I have to slightly debug and correct small errors, I have already finished 1) and 2).

I'm working on 3), taking Amari's paper "Synthesis of Cross-Coupled Resonator Filters Using an Analytical Gradient-Based Optimization Tecnique" as reference. Currently I'm quite lost with cost function and gradient implementation, since there's no way I can manage to obtain a matrix which aproaches around the desired solution.

Have anyone of you implemented a code for this at Matlab? Any help really appreciated.

Regards.

Any help/info.?

mgj,

This is far too deep for me but I have seen the folks at yahoo group MTT-8 tackle such questions, I suggest you join.

I would like to get a copy of your finished program.

Eric Haskell

Eric Haskell

Hi mgj,

I am working on the coupling mode extraction using R Cameron and Amari Papers too......Can you share your MATLAB routine (with comments) here? I would be very thankful.

Best Regards,

Khawar

Hi mgj,

I am working on the coupling mode extraction using R Cameron and Amari Papers too......Can you share your MATLAB routine (with comments) here? I would be very thankful.

Best Regards,

Khawar

I am also interested if it possible.

In detail, how can I calculate the S-Parameters knowing the Coupling Matrix ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back