Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab CCS link without DSP/BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mowgli

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab ccs

Hello,

I am trying to set up a Matlab Code Composer link without using DSP BIOS in CCS 3.1 for a C64xx target application: my project is running in simulation mode and what I see from the RTDX analysis tool is that incoming data from Matlab is detected by CCS (the channel viewer XFR count increases every time I send a sample from Matlab) but the RTDX_readNB() does not recognize that incoming data are present.
I guess the problem is in the configuration of the IRQ 3 (HWI_RESERVED1) servicing routine: in a DSP/BIOS application the Rtdx_Poll() function is automatically set as ISR for that IRQ and the link works fine, but currently I want to avoid using DSP/BIOS and I don't know how to configure the ISR to trigger the RTDX_read() or RTDX_readNB() when the data are sent to CCS by matlab.
On TI web site I found several application notes about RTDX but I did not find any useful information about my problem.
Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Mowgli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back