Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Material for learning about the chip antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren_pan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
well, these days, i'm interested about the chip antenna. who can provide some material that can make me learn further, or you can give your opinion about this antenna. thanks....

Re: Help---Chip antenna

hi,
can u explain little clearly wt is ur doubt... there are microstrip antennas, coplanar antennas... i think ur asking about just antennas with just metal plates. If am right.. then this antennas might be microstip antennas.... in which only a patches of different shapes can radiate. IE3D simulation tool we will be very nice to deal and simulate this chip (microstrip) antennas.. If my thinking is wrong then i too learn this chip antennas.

Re: Help---Chip antenna

Hi

Take a look at this pdf documnet:
**broken link removed**

It compares different antennas for WLAN, among them the chip antenna. It shows the characteristics as well. The benifit of chip antennas are that they are small and easy to implement into a design.
And regarding a a chip antenna being a microstrip antenna - a microstrip antenna is differetly design from a chip antenna - look at the diensons, feeding and the ceramic case which affects the chip antenna.

Regards
Bruno

Help---Chip antenna

kishorekumar_ms:
thanks for your response,i think the chip antenna like the ceramic antenna whose size is small and easy to implement, what i'm confused is the disadvantage and advantage of these antenna and some ruler when you used it in mobile phone or other equipment, such as the request of circumstance and so on.
Best regards
Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back