Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matching circuit between antenna and amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekharareddy

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Normally Matching circuit in b/n amplifier and Antenna is used to for maximum power transfer from amplifier to anttena.But as per my knowledge, this occurs only when there is an impedance mismatch b/n these two.

In some applications I have seen that even though the Amplifier output impedance and Antenna input impedance both are 50Ω, matching circuit was used.
Can anybody tell me, is it a precautionary measure? or any other thing is also involved ?(apart from impedance matching?)

Re: Antenna Matching

There is no need of a matching circuit if both are perfect 50 ohms.
If there is a matching circuit means they are not. Most probably the antenna is not 50 ohms.

I’ve seen a lot of antenna designs which theoretically are 50 ohms (PIFA, Patch) that uses a matching circuit. Is not usual, but if you are under pressure to make it works, there is no choice.

Antenna Matching

yes according to me perfect transfer of power takes place when there is good matchinng from amplifier to antenna or vice versa

Added after 2 minutes:

generally impedance matching is used to choose for power transfer for eg: transformers are used in speakers (woofers ) for matching in the stereo systems i think the only consideration here also is impedance matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back