Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Malfunctioning circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikatdas1

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have built a simple on/off switch with IR obstacle detector and pic12f675.The switch program was done to make it immune from Sunlight.What i did in program is that,the ir led will be on in general.when a hand ll come near it,it will drop the voltage at the ir detector led,which is pulled up with some resistor to vdd.so normaly the ir detector's output is high,and when a obstacle come infront,it goes low.next the ir goes off by th mcu and so the detector's output which is put to the internal comparator's cin- leg,is supposed to go up.so false triggering can be avoided by again and again checking the detector output while irled is switching on and off.but after making the ckt,if i throw a torch light on the detector,it repeatedly goes on and off for false triggering by the light.I want to know why this is happening.
i cant use tsop 1738 for housing problemm.
thanks in advanceView attachment 12f675.rar

Are you detecting a break in the IR beam or a reflection of the IR?

Status
Not open for further replies.