Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making a 4x4 keypad to LCD wireless using IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diaboltz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am doing a project writing a program to use a 4x4 matrix keypad, interacting wirelessly with a 8051 microcontroller, displaying on a 2x16 LCD screen.

Now I am a programmer, and the program I am using for the keypad to LCD is working fine, however, I have no knowledge concering wireless communication and how to set it up.

Can anybody point me in the right direction of how to make this work wirelessly using InfraRed.

Thank you.

you want to use infrared sensor(receiver and transmitter) ?? or some infrared network adapters ?

Hi
I am doing a project writing a program to use a 4x4 matrix keypad, interacting wirelessly with a 8051 microcontroller, displaying on a 2x16 LCD screen.

Now I am a programmer, and the program I am using for the keypad to LCD is working fine, however, I have no knowledge concering wireless communication and how to set it up.

Can anybody point me in the right direction of how to make this work wirelessly using InfraRed.

Thank you.
u can use RF module for this

Hi you don need a 4x4 algorithm because it uses bi directional data communication (column scanning and row outputs).. so you can connect the 16 buttons parallely and use a encoder to convert it binary (4 lines)and transmit it with HT12E (4bit to serial) with option of both IR/RF and decode it with HT12D (serial to 4 bits)and can give the key value to the controller..
I think this is the easiest and best method...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back