Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

make some changes in the .gbr file

Status
Not open for further replies.

amntt

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have a gerber file i want to make some change (add new part )to the gerber file but it seems that i can not make any changes to this file , is it possible to add new component to the gerber file ? is there any way to change it to the .dxf and then make some change in it? plz help

What component are you adding, also what software are you using to edit the Gerber data, you will also have to create a new drill file if you change or add any holes.

A lot of what can be done and how depends upon what software you have.

What PCB software and what Gerber software.

Of course, it goes without saying that this should be done in the PCB CAD file first but sometimes they are not always available with legacy data.

gerber=. cst pcb=altium designer

If you cannot modify the PCB itself (the preferred option and less likely to lead to errors) then you will need a gerber editing program like CAM350.

Another option is to import the gerber into altium (if you can do that) modify it there and re gerber.

Reactions: amntt

amntt

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
HOW I CAN IMPort gerber into altium ?? it just open in the altium az gerber file

- - - Updated - - -

here the .gbr file is attached

Attachments

• stub.zip
    521 bytes · Views: 94

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back