Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Main difference between ATMEL uc and PIC uc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have worked by AVR and PIC microcontrollers, MEGA AVRs are better than other AVRs and more stable than other AVRs and I think PICs are better.

If you are working on an analog circuit.......I will strongly recommend you PIC because they contain built in ADC...

dsPIC 40MIPS.
and some dspics are available in dip.

Hello Everybody

More number of people more number of views,suggestions,ideas, thinking etc etc. But I think these is NO DIFFERENCE in term of working. You write with any programming language.

It is like some people know how to ride CAR and some does not know. But who does know can learn but not impossible. Hence it is all about likes and dislikes. If you are more practiced on ATMEL your will like ATMEL but if you are more practiced with PIC you will like PIC. Some are right handed and some are left handed. This is the same case.

:) :) ))

I believe they are DIGITAL SIGNAL controllers.!!!! :!::!::!:

I know that. I didn't mean to argue or anything. I just wanted to state that so that other users know that. To be clear, I just wanted to say that dsPIC30F and 33F are both DSCs. Only 30F is available in DIP, 33F is not.

Hope I could make myself clear.
Tahmid.

Hi,

I've encountered many situations which seem AVR susceptible to EMI, but I conclude it may be my fault in system design. So my question to more experienced AVR programmer is does they have similar problem or really PICs ARE MORE IMMUNE IN INDUSTRIAL ENVIRONMENTS?

Thank You

Many people I know have the same problems like you but with pic !.

Hi All,

I think we should put end to this thread as it is deviating from the original subject. Don't you think that we have more other important discussions to be discussed instead of wasting time here.

Thank you All

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

Hi All,

I think we should put end to this thread as it is deviating from the original subject. Don't you think that all of us have more other important discussions to be discussed instead of wasting time here.

Thank you All

Status
Not open for further replies.