Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnetic sensor using for vehicle detecting (counting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasicr

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi for all, I am looking for magnetic sensor for vehicle detecting (counting) with some microcontroller, I found that HONEYWELL have many magnetic sensor,
can somebody share with me some experiences on this field, any schematics or finished project?
thanks and regards

Hali,
Check pls these topics too:

Greetings!
K.

pasicr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,
I believe, that the above, in parallel topics, linked "inductive loops" are (traffic specific) "proximity sensors"...:)
K.

pasicr

proximity sensors for vehicles may be difficult to get, why not use a laser beam instead ??

pasicr

Hi there,
You can use reed switch this is the simplest method.
what you have to do is mount a magnet under the car. The rest of the circuit is easy. If ur stuck let me know.
there are other ways like infra red , and ultrasonic or proximity like the others have suggested but you have to decide it is your project afterall nit ours
good luck

pasicr

May be this will be usefull for all...
regards

@pakitos.

How can the op mount a magnet under each and every car that passes over the sensor ??

Hi arbj,
Thes is only question of organization + some money_ :-(
These is the basic motion for me if I propose the induction loops! All other systems are complexerup to very complex & expensive, but the sequrity isnt in proportion with the needed investigations. :)
Im driving in all days over many dozen such sensors, they are really good over many years and "my car is passive", I mean; I dont need some extra more as "a little metall" in my car or moto/bycicle! :)
K.

loop detectors which we place on road can be used for counting vehicles.....

i cant understand whats the need of mounting something on car...
juct place the loop and interception of coupling region will be counted...

Hi,
I agree fully :)...
Some people likes things exotic(or minimum individuell constructed) & others likes it (too) complexer as needed_its life :)
Greetings!
K.

yes mount a magnet there.
what is your application just a test?
well as I have mentioned the design depends how much complex you want it to be.
as an engineer you have to consider what are your objective? not forgetting that time is money

[quote="pakitos"...
as an engineer you have to consider what are your objective? not forgetting that time is money[/quote]
Yes,
I agree with you, but only partially: " as an engineer you have to consider" what simpler & realistic is to decide to select for such a project! :)
Do you know pls how strong magnet you need for switch a reed in the street surface?
These is a minimum15 cm switching distance, than you must have it exactly over your reed contact_or you need some contacts in a parallel chain! :-(
What are the price aspects pls?
Why is it simpler & cheaper pls as a inductive loop in the streets surface_ & nothing is needed on the cars & bycicles & motor cycles...
What will you do pls if a "foreign car/bycicle" is on the street (it has surly not the needed strong (& not so cheap) magnet?
And so on...
Greetings!
K.

well I said it depends to the application
I am talking about a project in the lab and not to put it under a real vehicles. it may work if you have a garage .....
i told you the application is the place to start with

pakitos said:
...I am talking about a project in the lab and not to put it under a real vehicles. it may work if you have a garage .....
i told you the application is the place to start with
Hmm!
Maybe?
But in all your sentences on these thread is nothing to find from these two qouated/cited :-(...
Sorry, but even if good they are, the thoughts can we (most pelople & I surly) not read_ if you dont wish to write clearly readable for us all...
Greetings!
K.

You can use Eletro-magnetic sensors E.g Banner EM Sensor, Go through Banner website, But this one is a field Sensor and a bit costly not for learning projects.

you can find Schematic in the Manual. may use as Sink or source.

scan metal detectionheads of loops
over an oval shape of motor scan as say 10,000 rpm
of detector head beet match system {uses pulse induction {sample rate = 1second / 10,000 loops = 100ms per sample in rt}}
for scanning but beat match and active ib for distance tune and scan}

ie the sensor loop heads {ferrite} are mounted on a spinning offset egg shape
be it zero friction mag bearings and a move loop mecha
or using a spinning egg shape coils set

will give 180 deg sampled horizon scan and present um{micro meter} mago {magnetic agitation geofluxial onodes}
eddies as fields and main field as an offset scan

much more accurate but with sonar also VERY accurate >1mm stuff

just an idea and maybe pm me to investigate it

I belive also then it is new point for ours future! Good iob guys and big gratinx!

Google "Geotech Forum" and look for a simple PI machine. Just make a BIG loop, cut a large slot square in the tarmac with an angle grinder, fit the loop and back fill with pitch and your done. That's how they do it in REAL life for traffic measurement ;-)

Some years ago this was done with laser range measuring instruments located above the road. This was used in a toll system that was able to detect the difference between passenger cars and semi vans, even being able to detect if they were towing a trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back