Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

made a brenner8p (rev-5) usb pic program

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclarenrulz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: Brenner8 Programmer

I have made a brenner8p (rev-5) usb pic programmer. But when i connect it to the USB port of my PC it says usb device not recognizable. Both leds are ON. the blinking pattern is not observed. Few changes i have made to the board are that BAT43 is substituted by BAT85 (since BAT43 was not available) also BZX97-3,3 is substituted by 1n4728. I have tried the following:
1. Programmed the PIC18f2550 with bootloader boot_0_20mhz.hex and then mounted on brenner board and connected to usb (observation same as mentioned above)
2. Programmed the PIC18f2550 with firmware v13 b8_fw13.hex and then mounted on brenner board and connected to usb (observation same as mentioned above)
3. when usb device not recognized comes, i double clicked on that and then double clicked on unknown device and selected update driver and browsed to the driver file mchpusb.inf and sprut-device.inf but both give the reply the specified file doesnt contain information about your hardware.
4. checked the PIC. it was working.
5. changed the crystal. no luck.
6. already installed the inf files by right clicking them and selecting install but yet no success.

Kindly drop in your tips to troubleshoot.
regards,
Kumar

Check out connections, the problem seems to be the hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.