Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAC and WINDOWS both in Apple Laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameo_2007

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can both mac and windows OS can be loaded in Aplle laptops?
if so how is it done? and is there any particular method to switch between both,liek any passwords,codes or commands..or is it as simple as loading two OS's like XP and 2000 in a normal desktop pc.?
help pls..

-regards,

I don't have MAC

But I have seen some mac users can install Mac and winXP in one Mac machine.

Google will help you.

The Mac OS X operating system comes with a program called 'boot camp' which allows you to install windows in it's own partition.
There is also 'parallels' which lets you install winows as a virtual machine in the Mac OS X operating system.
With Boot Camp, you can choose which os to load at start up, to switch between them, you have to reboot.
With parallels, you can run windows from within the mac os and switch between them using a hot key combination.

btbass,thanks very much for the info..

can you just tell in detail about that hot key combo..I was looking for that.
Is that a standard for all the m/c.what is it.. I recently heard from someone that he forgot the key to do that..

-regards,

The key combo is Alt+Enter.
But parallels runs as a program, you have to run it, then you can set up all your options and hot keys.
You can run Windows in a 'Window' or full screen. you can minimise it to the task bar.
I have a Macbook pro, I did try parallels but didnt like it, as windows runs in a virtual machine with some loss of speed.
I use boot camp to run windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back