Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

M1-SYSMGMT-DEV-KIT: Communication between Fusion-ProAsic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoomVortex

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
m1-sysmgmt-dev-kit

Hi!

I´m working with Actel´s M1-SYSMGMT-DEV-KIT board and I have a problem with communication between Fusion and ProAsic3. In this board ProAsic3 is only because of limited number of I/Os on the Fusion M1AFS1500 and so LCD, key pads, DIP switch and LEDs are connected to ProAsic3.
What I´m trying to do is write from Fusion to LCD via ProAsic3 and it´s not working. Fusion sends serial data from CoreUARTapb correctly (tested with HyperTerminal), but in ProAsic3 receive is not working properly/at all. For receiving I´m using CoreABC processor which reads data from CoreUARTapb and passes data to CoreGPIO where LCDs control code is connected. "Normal" writing (when I write only one character from CoreABC) to LCD works ok.
If someone has any experience about this, please help.

-Jarno Kauppinen

Hi,

One reference design for this kit is available from actel site using CoreABC, similar way you can make design with M1.

Hth,
--
Shitansh Vaghela

Hi Shitansh!

I have been using that reference design as example, but it seems that reading from CoreUARTapb isn´t working. Im reading from uart with APBREAD instruction and I just try to pass it on to CoreGPIO with APBWRT ACC instruction. It just prints something nonsense.

Hi,

unfortunately i have no experience with coreABc, but i faced this kind of problem with M1 and reason for that was wrong ram connection.

Why cant you try to build this design with M1?

first check ram connection. if it seems to be ok then probably core configuration options may incorrect.

--
Shitansh Vaghela

Hi Jarno,

Did you get it working? if yes please share what was problem.

Thanks,
--

Hi Shitansh,

Ok, reading is now somehow working. Fault was mine, I mixed up tx and rx lines.
Even though it´s reading now, it still not work properly. It prints non-sense, I assume that there is something wrong with baud rate or with memory. Debugging continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back