Status
Not open for further replies.

xuanjie

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know that m0del$sim l1cen$e issue has been discussed over and over in this forum. But since my question is specifically related to linux installation, I might just open another topic.

Here is my problem:
* I have a laptop that has both Windows XP and RH7.3 installed. That seems fine
* I have a m0del$im 5.7c that runs perfectly in windows, with the valid l1cense.dat and lmgr326b.dll
* Now I downloaded 5.7c linux version, but I cann't get the license working. I passed the license checking step, but the waveform crashes when a signal is added.

I tried so many things in the last five days:
(1) since my windows license.dat is a node-locked version, so I just replace my windows hostid with my linux hostid. and setenv the LM_L1CEN$E_FILE to it. This doesn't work as flexlm says something like " the hostid matches, but the license is intended for another machine".
(2) I went back in ef@_l1cgen to re-generate another lic with the linux hostid. It passed the flexlm, but crashed in waveform.
(3) I even tried the daemon version with 27000@myhost or 1650@host, they both passed the flexlm but crashed in waveform.

So here is my question: what is the linux equivalent of " move lmgr32b.dll to win32 directory" Has anyone successfully converted windows-based M0del$im 5.7c to Linux?

Thanks a loooot for your help. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

hi!

I can't help you but i got exactly the same problem and tried all your stuff too. I posted the same question 1-2 month ago and nobody could help me, so if you get an answer, plz let me know.
thx a lot
greetz Anda2k

Status
Not open for further replies.