Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lumped port, Z0=50 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhmhd.b

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends
how can i set Z0=50 in lumped port in DGS BPf?
what is the size of sheed?
thanks alot...

mhmhd.b said:
how can i set Z0=50 in lumped port in DGS BPf?
what is the size of sheed?
I can't understand what you want to mean at all.

Describe in detail with industrial standard and correct terminologies.

i draw a rectangular (sheet) in HFSS and define it as lumped port excitation and characteristic impedance of 50 ohm, but after the simulation and plotting port Z0 for Z0(p1) and Z0(p2) in rectangular plot section of results, i saw a characteristic impedance of 34 ohm, not 50 ohm.
i think i define the lumped port sheet wrong.
how can i design the size of this sheet?

If you want to know Z0 of a transmission line, it is determined by the transmission line structure, not the port settings. To measure this Z0, you should use a wave port. A lumped port may give a wrong value for "Port Z0".

I believe the Z0 setting for lumped ports is only used for adjusting S-parameters (they have to be normalized to a certain impedance) after the simulation is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back