Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lump-port in HFSS for stripline

Status
Not open for further replies.

antenna_abc

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss stripline port

Hi, everyone. I have a simple question about the lump-port assignment for stripline in HFSS.

It shows me that if I draw the lump-port from one side of the ground-plane (bottom, for example) to the stripline, and assigned the integration line along the center of the port from the bottom ground plane to the stripline, the simulation results for the stripline passive is very strange.

However, when I draw the lump-port from one side ground to the other side ground (from bottom to top GND, for example), and still assigned the integration line along the center of the port from the bottom ground plane to stripline, the results are more reasonable.

I am wondering whether there are any good reference for applying the lump-port for stripline analysis. Thanks.

hfss stripline

Hey,

For a stripline, the E field lines start from the stripline and end up on the reference planes above and below it. Hence both the ground planes are the references to the signal flowing through the stripline.

It the problem in assigning the right reference. I think if you port 2 ports( one from bottom plane to stripline and another from top plane to stripline) you should be able to get resonable results.

Vysakh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back