Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice and transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ants

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to drive a capacitor with an operational amplifier. The opamp is +/-40V, 50mA and does everything I need it to. I've designed the circuit in LTspice and attached it. The circuit seems to do everything I want it to, it drives the capacitor (C_load) with +/-60V and +/- 100mA. So the load is being driven at 6Watts rms.

The problem I have is that the output from the opamp is +/-6V and +/-50mA so 0.3Watts.

As far as I know transformers are supposed to keep the same power but alter voltage and current.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Ant.

I think I worked it out. C_load and L2 form a LC circuit at resonance, so the impedance drops to 2ohms. The impedance of L1 is 6 ohms and is the load that the opamp sees.

It's funny how I can do something and not know how I did it! I'll be sure and remember for next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.