Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTE Channel Vs Transmission Vs Occupied bandwidth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wccheng

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

From the 3GPP document, I find three terms: (1) Channel Bandwidth, (2) Transmission bandwidth and (3) Occupied bandwidth.

From the 3GPP document stated that Channel bandwidth=1.4MHz. Then the Transmission bandwidth configuration NRB=6. Based on the calculation, Transmission bandwidth = 6 * 15kHz * 12 = 1.08MHz. Now, I have a question. Based on these two values, does "transmission bandwidth" is the bandwidth contain all necessary data and need to cover in the circuit design?
"Channel bandwidth" is the bandwidth just for frequency planning only?
From the 3GPP document stated that Occupied bandwidth is defined as the bandwidth containing 99% of the total integrated mean power of the transmitted spectrum on the assigned channel. Then what is the relationship with Channel and Transmission bandwidth? I am not clear of it. I hope someone could answer it.

Thanks

wccheng

Status
Not open for further replies.