Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LPC2294 external memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

morcillo

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.
I have a problem. I want to create a board using LPC2294 and I want to expand its RAM and program memory, so that I can use uclinux with it.

I've been studying and simply expanding its memory seems relatively easy, but I the problem comes to the bootloader.

I think the bootloader is located on-chip and writes on-chip only. Is there a way I can write to the external flash with the current bootloader? Or will I have to create one to exclusively write to the external flash, from the internal flash and then make the microcontroller reset again, according to the user manual, so it will start using the code I've loaded on the external flash?

Should I create a bootloader and load it to the external flash?

I am a little lost here. My entire doubt comes to loading the code to the external flash.

This is a project I haven't even started yet, because it would turn out to be rather expensive, since I'll have to import practically every single component.

PS: Sorry for my english. And please tell me if I haven't expressed myself correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.