Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lower frequency comb generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnyx1

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I need to design a comb generator, where the output needs to be stable from 150kHz to 30MHz and the output signal needs to also be somewhat amplified. In the stable area there should be around 10 to 15 spikes, so I was thinking of a fundamental frequency round 2MHz. Some of the designs I have looked at have all higher frequency ranges. I have very limited knowledge in this field and it's my first time making a curciut like this, so any and all help or design suggestions will help me a lot.

Thank you in advance.

If you want 10-15 spikes per cycle then by your description an 'AND' gate is able to do the switching task. Feed plain DC pulses to the two inputs.

Comb-like waveform via AND gate 2MHz 200kHz.png

If one signal is low amplitude, then use a transistor as a class A amplifier. Send the soft signal through the bias. Send the stronger DC pulses through the collector.

If both signals need to be amplified, then send them as bias through two transistors in classic 'AND' gate formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back