Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Profile omni directional indoor celing mount antenna for GSM 900, 1800 and 2100

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamba007

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone out there have any suggestion on the design of a low profile ceiling mount for LTE?

Antenna type etc. ( No higher than 40 mm and L x W < 100 x 100 mm^2)

Also the H plane pattern must be omni directional and across all bands.

Gain 0 - 3 dBi

All suggestions welcome

you can make a simple dual band monopole which should meet your specs.

(824-960MHz and 1710-2170MHz) --> Is this the frequency of operation ?

Let me start by saying an omni-directional antenna is a practical impossibility. Besides you only need to cover a hemisphere. So I agree with the other comment: use a monopole mounted over a small ground plane to get a wide coverage.

There are also ways of getting wide angle performance out of patch antennas if you are looking for something thinner than a few cm.

Hi sorry to crash into this thread. I am building a dual band quasi Yagi antenna to receive GSM 900 and 1800 frequency band. Is there a way to improve the s11 parameters through physical changes made in the design of the antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back