Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low pass lc filter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

SONA MATHEW

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I have designed a multilevel inverter with three level output operating at 400Hz frequency. The output from this inverter needs to be fed to an LC lowpass filter inorder to remove the harmonics.The cutoff frequency i have chosen is 1KHz. Based on this i chose a capacitor value of 220uf and found the inductor value to be around 115uH.

I need to know if i can use an electrolytic capacitor for my star connected filter.
Also followed by this star connected filter i need to connect a transformer. Will the neutrals of the primary side of my transformer and my filter be the same. Please find the figures below

Kindly help me.

My dear how can you go with choose a cutoff frequency of 1000Hz when you have a 400Hz input waveform. If you do so what is the necessary of using the filter

I need to remove harmonics which are multiples of 400hz. Can u pls help me with the type of capacitor i need to choose???

Is it a three phase inverter you are talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

I need to know if i can use an electrolytic capacitor for my star connected filter.
Also followed by this star connected filter i need to connect a transformer. Will the neutrals of the primary side of my transformer and my filter be the same. Please find the figures below

Kindly help me.

where are the figures attached?

Yes its a three phase inverter. mul inv.jpg. All i need to know is if i can use a polarised capacitor for this purpose.

Kindly help

Status
Not open for further replies.