Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Noise Amplifier problem P1dB and NF

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbhayK

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey Guys,
I have been designing a Low Noise Amplifier from 1 to 3 GHz. I am searching for a transistor for my work. Earlier I had used ATF54143 for the design. My goal is to achieve 30K of noise temp throughout the band and its P1dB should be +20dBm atleast.
ATF54143 works fine till 2 GHz (~30K from 1 to 2 GHz). The noise temp in a two stage LNA drastically increases further till 3 GHz to 60K.
FHX40LG looks good device for low noise than ATF54143. But its P1dB at 12 GHz itself is +10dBm. May be it will have still lower at 3GHz.

Does anyone knows about any transistor which is low noise (0.2 to 0.3 dB) AND has a good P1dB (atleast +20dBm)????

Thanks...:grin:

what is the gain requirement?
P1db can be got by cascade two or three stages.
But your NF is really tough.

Typical LNAs are designed for the best NF which often limits the amplifier linearity to low-level signals. Amplifier final stage is responsible for a high P-1 dB. Distribute LNA gain between the first stage having a low NF, and second stage with a high P-1 dB for best results.
Both parameters can rarely be met in one stage.

In this bandwidth (1-3GHz) ,it's really tough to realize 0.2dB NF and +20dBm P1dB overall band..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back