Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low frequency band=/ low gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chest

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm designing a mutliband printed dipole antenna now. I faced some problem.
Why the low frequency band is always getting low gain and bandwidth compare with high frequency band? Even getting the VSWR 2:1.

Thanks.

Try to reduce the surface waves and radiation in the dielectric material (and increase the gain), putting some via holes around the dipole.

you know , larger the physical dimentions related to wavelength more gain for antennas,
as you decrease the fequncy and so increase lambda the gain naturally decreases.
it is the reason .
regards

Try to reduce the surface waves and radiation in the dielectric material (and increase the gain), putting some via holes around the dipole.

What do you mean putting some via holes around the dipole? Is it mean like create slot in dieletric material or copper trace?

Do you have any reference for this method? May you upload it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Gain=efficiency×4piA/λ²

so as frequency increases,λ decreases and Directivity increases which result in

increase in gain.

I think the answer is simple: you in fact scale everything when designing for lower frequencies except the [/b]substrate thickness. This probably makes your design less efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.